Samsung mobiles are Android-based smart phones and one of the pleasures of such devices is the versatile app Google Play Store that you can download on them. This acts as the main gateway for accessing different kinds of apps.
Play Store on your Samsung mobile can be downloaded by the steps mentioned below:
- The first step is to identify the right version of Google Play Store that would be applicable for your device. If you do not have a pre-installed Google Play Store on your Samsung smart phone, this can be done by noting the mobile model number and finding out the right Google Play Store apk file and its version number.
- Log-in to your mobile web browser by using a mobile data connection or Wi-Fi connectivity. Find a reliable search engine such as Google. Key in the device model number and year of manufacturing; seek to know the right version of Google Play Store apk compatible with your device.
- Once the results are displayed, you need to select the right download site. It should be a reliable site from where no malicious virus will be downloaded onto your mobile device. The Google Play Store apk file can be downloaded from an unknown source by making certain changes in your security settings.
- Log-in to the settings section of your device. Under security settings allow downloads to be made from unknown sources. Once this is done, any downloads would be allowed from any device. Precautions should be exercised before downloads are made from any site though.
- Once the apk file is downloaded, you need to install the same. Since it is a lightweight application you can easily get the apk file downloaded and installed. You can also use a computer to download Google Play Store for your Samsung mobile.
- When you have a working internet connection on your computer, you can download the Google Play Store apk file through Google.
- Search for the right version of Google Play Store apk file on Google that would be compatible for your Samsung smart phone; log onto APK Mirror or XDA Developers forums to find the latest version of Google Play Store to download.
- Connect the smart phone to your computer; attach with a USB cable and navigate to the folder where the Google Play Store apk file is saved. Copy the apk file and transfer the file to the Samsung smart phone.
- Once the Google Play Store apk file is on your Samsung smart phone, launch the application.
- Once the application is launched, accept the permissions and then finish the installation process.
After Google Play Store has been installed, you can then open and start with the setting up of your account on this application.
Setting up an account on Google Play Store
The steps to follow to get an account at Google Play Store are simple.
- Step 1: Open Google Play Store on your device. You would be prompted to log onto your Google account.
- Step 2: Google account can be any preexisting account such as a Gmail account. In case you do not have a previous account, you can create a new account on this platform.
- Step 3: Once you log in and your credentials are confirmed, you can then log into your Google Play Store account.
- Step 4: Once the Google account is logged into on this interface, you are provided access to the apps on this framework.
How to access and download apps from Google Play Store?
The apps on Google Play Store are several and of different categories; the two main categories being paid and free apps. You can also browse by topics such as Games, Music, Utility apps and so forth.
There are different ways to look for and download apps on this marketplace interface. One convenient way to get started is to use the search option. Once one key in the name of an application, it is usually displayed in the search results. The main and popular categories of apps are also showcased on the main page of Google Play Store.
In order to understand how an application works, its different features and reviews about the app, one can click on the app displayed on the main page.
- Once an application is clicked upon, you will get to know a product summary; as you scroll down you can check out screenshots of the application, its features as well as read up reviews of the app. Before you download an app, you will be also shown other similar apps that offer similar functionalities. There are Google Play Store ratings also displayed alongside apps that showcase popularity and reliability of apps.
- Once you have decided to download an app, you can click on the download option.
- Upon clicking on the download option for the app, you would be asked to review the terms and conditions. Certain apps seek permission for sending text messages and notifications.
Once you have checked and understood the terms and conditions, you can then proceed after confirming the same.
The installation process depends on your data connectivity speed and file length of the application. You might want to change the storage option of the application from internal storage to an SD card if you have a pre-existing removable flash drive.
- Once you have specified the file or folder where the application needs to be stored, it will download onto the same.
- Once the application is downloaded, you can then proceed to install it by double clicking on the downloaded file.
Google Play Store usually downloads and installs the application for you and it opens up automatically after installation.
Managing applications through Google Play Store
There are other functionalities for apps that you can enjoy in Google Play Store. For instance, it can help you uninstall or update the applications that you download through this forum. Any app that you download through this forum can be updated and uninstalled through it.
- Log onto Google Play Store and find the apps that you wish to update. You can simply click on the update link and allow updating process to take place of the applications you wish to update.
- Managing applications through the Google Play Store are easy, even if you wish to uninstall some of the apps already existing in your system. To do this, all you need to do is visit the section on managing applications and choose the uninstall option for the ones that you wish to remove from your device.
Ways to update and troubleshoot Google Play Store
Google Services Framework forms the environment for Play Store. It allows communication with apps on your Samsung mobile, will allow for automatic updates and other features. These functions could malfunction at a time and hence, you need to take certain steps in order to ensure that Google Play Store works fine on your system.
- Step 1:
Visit Apps under Settings on your mobile service. Scroll to Google Play Store.
- Step 2:
You need to clear the cache which is a functionality displayed in the Google Play Store settings. Once this is done, the same needs to be done for Google Play Services. This will enable fixing of the problems found in the Play Store.
- Step 3:
When you wish to update Google Play Store, log onto its settings. Alternatively, you can visit the section of Applications under Settings on your Samsung mobile.
- Step 4:
Once you come to the Google Play Store, choose to update the app. You need to have a Wi-Fi connection to allow the updating to take place.
- Step 5:
Once updating is done, you can restart your device. The newly updated Google Play Store will work fine with the updated settings on your device.
Other services on Google Play Store
You can avail of different applications and gift card services on Google Play Store as well.
Step 1: Log-in to Google Play Store on your Samsung device.
Step 2: Visit the settings section on the left-hand top corner of Google Play.
Step 3: Here you will find a Redeem section. Click on this section and you would be prompted to enter the gift card code.
Step 4: Once the gift card code is authenticated, you can then proceed to purchase as per the amount specified on the gift card.
Step 5: You can add on payment options through your account settings on Google Play Store.
Step 6: Log on and add on payment options, either credit card or bank account details that you can safely store in this section.
Step 7: Once the details are stored, you can easily credit your Google Play account when you wish to purchase an app.
Google Play Store is not only a marketplace for different apps, but also helps you manage the apps in different ways. It acts as the managing platform for apps that you download. You can update them and uninstall them through this interface. Google Play Store also ensures that all apps that they offer for download are scanned for malicious software and are offered to you free of any malware.
All kinds of Android apps can be found on the Google Play Store. If you are looking for an app for your Android device, you need to have this helpful application installed first.
When you have a Samsung smart phone that comes pre-loaded with Google Play Store, ensure that you update the application to get started. This will make the app updated and keep it protected from any malfunctionality that often affect earlier versions. It would also protect the apps that are downloaded through it and also ensure that your device remains protected.