Google Play Store app provides a huge collection of games, movies, and apps that can be easily browsed and installed. Most of the android phones and tablets come with Play Store as a default app which is integrated with its Android setup. However, there are some devices that may not have the Play Store as a default app.
If you do not have a pre-installed Play Store app on your device, you can install it by following certain steps that depend on the nature of the device and the type of Operating system you have.
How to download Play Store for Android Devices?
Listed below is a step by step illustration of downloading and installing the Play Store app on Android devices like phones and tablets. These steps are also applicable for reinstalling Play Store in the cases wherein you had to remove your existing Play Store app owing to technical issues.
For downloading the latest version of Google Play Store, you must have one of the newer versions of the Android Operating System in your device. You can check the device settings and upgrade your OS if needed.
If you have a pre-installed Play Store app, you can download the latest version by navigating to the Settings of your Play Store menu. Under the settings, you have the option “Play Store Version”. Tap on this option to download the latest version.
If you do not have a Play Store app installed on your Android device, you can get it by downloading its APK file. There are many verified online sources from where you can download this APK file. Note that you should only download a Google-signed APK file because there are many tampered versions available in the market. Unsigned or unauthorized APK files can cause damage to your device. To be on the safe side you should download your APKs from a recognized tech site. Follow this:
- In the Settings section of your Android device, open the “Security” settings. Under this, you have the option “Unknown Sources”. You should enable this option for getting the APK file installed. This is a common procedure for all the Android smart phones for installing apps from sources other than a Google Play Store.
- Find the “App drawer” of your Android Device and open it. Inside you will find the “File Manager” or “ES File Explorer”. Tap over it and you will be directed to a window from where you can access all the files you have saved or downloaded onto your device. From your file storage units locate the APK file for Play Store.
- Tap on the APK file to start the installation. You might get a window with different app options. You should tap over the option “Package Installer”.
Now you will be getting the final window wherein you have to read the terms and tap on the option “Install”. Within minutes your Play Store would get installed. You can open it by tapping its icon from your phone’s Menu.
You have to once again go to your phone’s Setting and disable the option “Unknown Sources” from the Security settings.
How to download Play Store for Apple devices?
For installing the Google Play Store on your iOS device, you need to jailbreak the device. For getting this done, you would need the help of an iOS cable and a computer.
- Open the Settings of your Apple device. Go to the ‘General’ section and select the option “Software Update”. This would start the process of downloading the latest iOS version if your device had been running on an older version. However, you can skip this step if you are planning to do a full jailbreak.
- For a full jailbreak, you need to download the GUI tool Cydia Impactor and IPA file Yalu102. Download these onto your computer’s desktop for easy access.
- Reboot your iOS device and then disable the Touch ID and Passcode options. Also, turn off the option “Find my iPhone”.
- With the help of an iOS cable connect your computer to the iOS device. After connecting, click on the Cydia Impactor and open it. Now drag the IPA file Yalu102 and drop it into your Cydia Impactor.
- A sign-up window would appear wherein you need to enter your Apple account ID and password.
- By signing in, the installation of your Yalu jailbreak app will begin.
When the app has been fully installed, open the Settings of your iOS device. Navigate to the option ‘General’ and open it. Select the option ‘Profiles and Device Management” and search for the newly installed Yalu102 app. Tap on the app and enable it by choosing the ‘Trust’ Option.
- Now you can start with the jailbreak process by opening the Yalu102 app and tapping on the “Go” option. This would set off the jailbreak process.
- Upon completion of the jailbreak process, your iOS device would restart. Check the home screen of your device and you will be able to see the icon of Cydia app.
- Tap on the Cydia app and open it. Open the “Manage” section and find the “Source” option. Next, navigate to the option “Edit” and tap over it.
- You will find an “Add” option. Choose the option for adding a repository in order to download the iOS app Bootlace.
After downloading the Bootlace install and run the app. Now using this app, download the kernel and patch it. Once done, reboot your iOS device.
After rebooting, once again tap on the Bootlace app and open it. Navigate to the “OpeniBoot” option and select it. You will get an option to install it. Tap on it to commence the installation of OpeniBoot.
Using the OpeniBoot, you can download and install the android app iDroid. Once you have successfully installed the iDroid app, you will be able to find the automatically installed Google Play Store app on your device.
How to download Play Store app for your Windows PC?
For installing the Play Store app on your computer that runs on Windows operating system, you need to use a 3rd party application. For running Android apps on your PC, you would need an Android Emulator. Mentioned below are the steps to download and install the Play Store on your Computer.
- For installing Google Play Store, you need to install the BlueStacks app player on your Windows PC. BlueStacks is an Android Emulator that performs quite well and can be easily used for installing a wide range of Android games and applications on your computer. For downloading BlueStacks player, you need to open the official BlueStacks website.
- Download the setup file for BlueStacks player from its website. Locate the setup file from the “Downloads” folder and open it. You will get an installation wizard that gives you the option of enabling “App Store access” and “App Notifications”. Enable both the options and proceed with the installation. Click on the “Finish” option once the installation is successfully done.
- Now you will be able to see two new icons on your desktop – One would be “Start BlueStacks” and the other would be “Apps”. Click and open the “Start BlueStacks” icon. This would launch your BlueStacks player. Wait until the home screen gets loaded.
After it has loaded, you will be able to see the BlueStacks interface that contains different apps and icons like “My Apps”, and “Top Charts”. You also have a search option. You can use it to search for different apps. Now click on any of the apps displayed and you will get a pop-up window that requests you to complete a “one-time setup”. Click on “continue” to proceed.
- Next, you will get a page that says “Add a Google Account”. Read the instructions and click on “Next” option.
- You will be getting two options in this step- Create and Sign In. Either you can create a Google Account or Sign-in with an existing account. Choose the option “Sign In” to register with an existing account. If you want to create a new account, click “Create” and you will have to follow the process of registering a new Gmail ID.
- If you choose the Sign In option you will get a “Sign in” window with fields for entering email ID and password. Fill in the details and click “Next”. Wait until your Google Account is linked with the device. Once done, click on the option “Finish Setup”.
- You will be seeing a window that says “App Store Enabled”. Click on the option “Continue”. Now you will get a window for 1-click Sync Setup. Click on the option “Proceed”.
- You will be getting a Google Sign In page wherein you need to enter your email ID and password and then click on “Sign In”. This would complete the process of syncing your computer to your mobile device that has Play Store registered with the same Google Account. Select the option “Done” and you will once again get the “One-time Setup” window. This time it would indicate “All done”. Click on the option “Let’s Go”.
You will see the official logo of Play Store. Click on the option “Continue”.
Next, you will see a window prompting to allow Google Play to keep you updated with offers and news. Enable the option by clicking on the checkbox if you wish to receive Play Store news updates on new releases and latest offers. Then select the option “Accept” and proceed to your Play Store app. This would load your app interface with all its features.