Google Play Store is a very popular app that comes pre-installed on all the latest Android devices. It is very important to have the latest version of the Play Store to get access to millions of apps in various genres and categories.
Check and update to the latest version of Google Play Store
The Google Play Store undergoes regular updates in the background. This will help in certain bug fixes as well as streamlining the app.
Steps to get the latest Play Store version
- Tap on the home screen button on your phone or the apps folder option on the Android phone.
- Look for the Play Store app icon and then tap on it to launch it.
- Once you are in the Play Store app, tap on the three horizontal lines placed one above the other on the left top corner of the Play Store page. This is the Play Store Menu button.
- Scroll down the menu option to get access to the Settings option. Once you find it, tap on it.
- You will now get access to settings options, scroll down to see the version of the Play store on your phone that is shown as the Build Number. Tap on it.
- If there is an update of the Play Store app available for your phone, you will be receiving a prompt message mentioning the same.
- You can tap on the update option to get the Play Store app on your Android phone updated to the latest version.
How to access Google Play using your Android smart phone?
Accessing Google Play Store uses an Android smart phone is easy. You need to set up the Google Play account, in order to access the Play Store. If you have a new android phone you will have a registered Google account once you set up the Smartphone.
To set up Google Play account, all you have to do is access the Play Store by selecting the Play Store icon from the list of apps in the menu and provide the required Google credentials.
Here is the step by step procedure to set up the Google play account on your Smartphone
- Switch on your Android smart phone.
- Go to the menu by pressing the menu option on the screen.
- From the app list in the menu, find and tap on the “Play Store” icon.
- You will be taken to a new window ‘Add a Google Account”. As you already have a registered Google account, tap on the option “Existing”.
- You will be now taken to the “sign in” window. Fill in the fields giving your Email and password for the Google account.
- After filling the fields tap on the arrow at the bottom on the right side of the screen.
- Next step is to set up payment info. You can select your preferred mode of payment when you make purchases from the Play Store from the “set up payment info” interface. If you prefer to fill out the billing info later, you can do so by tapping the “Skip” option at the bottom of the screen. After selecting the payment method, tap on “continue” option.
- Finally, you can use your registered Google account to back up the Smartphone. To do this, tap on “keep this phone backed up with my Google account” at the Backup and restore window on the phone. You can change your backup settings anytime you want by going to the “Settings”.
- Now you can access Play Store by tapping on the arrow at the bottom on the right side of the screen.
Steps to add another Google Play account on your Android phone
In order to add another Google Play Account, you need to sign in with a new Google account. You can create additional Google accounts using your Android phone through simple steps. Here is the process. [Read more…]